|Denise has presented a challenge to TT'ers this week: "I would like to challenge all Thirteeners to come up with 13 things they like about themselves on the next Thursday 13...September 7. I feel like we, as women, spend so much time scrutinizing ourselves that we sometimes forget the good stuff." Crikey. That's a tough one for me. But...a challenge is a challenge, so here goes: Thirteen Things I like about myself, even though I'm not a woman, but apparently I play a pretty damn good one in this here blogosphere...
1. I'm pretty happy with my writing, especially in where I have taken it, and it has taken me, in the past few years.
2. I'm a good teacher, damn it. I relate well with my kids as individuals, and I love the death out of each and every one of them.
3. I'm a good dad to my kids, especially when I'm able to put my needs on the shelf for the weekend and just exist pleasantly with them in whatever worlds they create.
4. I"m really open-minded when it comes to music, especially in steering clear of the top pop 40 that they keep playin' over and over and over again on the radio stations that I grew up with (that was a time when zeppelin and the dead ruled the airwaves).
5. I'm a sucker for the more sensitive side of things in life; I cry at movies a little too easily, and on each of my first daughter's videotapes of winter concerts and little plays, you can hear me sniffling away the tears as I roll the tape...
6. I have been told I have nice eyes...a rich hazel color that is quite chameleon-esque at times.
7. I don't forget the power of love for anything or anyone.
8. I'd like to think that I am still loyal to my friends in need, although I cannot drop my life as I once could for y'all now that I have kids.
9. I recognize the importance of those friendships, especially those made online that would have never happened otherwise; it's a grand thing to get to know genuine, good-souled human beings in all corners of the globe with just a few keystrokes and a smile 🙂
10. I'm a pretty good photographer who will wait days for the right shot to present itself with the theme or mood I wish to capture.
11. I respect the Earth more than a good lot do; I could always improve on this, though.
12. I drink cheap wine from good crystal, and expensive wine from plastic Madeline sippy cups. It's the journey that matters, not the vehicle you take the ride in.
13. I'm a huggin' kind of person who isn't afraid to give you a kiss on the cheek and a warm embrace; time's too short to wonder how many freaking pumps I'm supposed to dry-hump your hand before we say goodbye. 🙂