Happy Memorial Day weekend, everyone. 🙂
Whew! things are finally cooling down for me. Now that the seniors have graduated and I’ve made it through all of those tough birthdays and memorial anniversaries in the past month, I can feel the tension rolling away as each moment of this Memorial Day Weekend passes by…
So to jump back into the blogging world, I thought I’d be light n’ easy tonight. Here are the top five things I’ve missed in the past two months:
1. Writing on my schedule, on my time, by my rules. I’ve kept up the daybooking, but my fictive characters are crying for me to breathe a little life into them (even the dead ones). An early jump on writing tomorrow morning will help make up for lost time.
2. Writing to my friend d. She is such an inspiration to me and my muse, and I’ve done a horrible job of keeping a volley of missives alive.
3. Breathing. Yeah, I know. I’ve been breathing this whole time. But I mean intentional, meditative breathing. Again–I played the I’m-too-busy card, and that has made everything just a little harder. I should’ve known better…
4. Reading. I just started the first of seven books in Stephen King’s Dark Tower series, and I am already enjoying the peaceful escape a book gives me.
5. Blogging/being with fam/friends, writing letters, all of it.
Funny. These are the top five things I cherish as well….
Love the one you’re with, everyone…. 🙂